It has been a while since I last post a blog post! I have been busy with my studies and practical training but in terms of word of the year, I have known what my word is for 2021 as it has been on my mind since last year.
“Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
My word of the year is – Grateful.
After a year like 2020, this is the most fitting word that I feel within me. I’m grateful every day but this time it’s different, there’s just more to be grateful for. Despite a strange start to the year, there are simply lots to be grateful for. I choose to be grateful for so many things especially the simple things that I may otherwise take for granted, simple things that I find comfort in the most, and more.
- A cup of hot beverage
- A blanket to stay cozy in
- Quiet time to think and relax
- Time to unwind watching TV like Kdramas
- Time to read or listen to music
- Friends that I can meet up for a walk or coffee
- Friends that are far, but I can keep in touch online
- My Instagram and blog community and friends
- My family and the ability to video calls my far family and relatives
- Nature for continuing to be there, showing me the beauty in each passing season that I can enjoy and cherish.
- Listening to the sounds of birds chirping every day in calm moments.
- The ability to decide that changing career is the right forward path for me. Being able to go back to studying and finishing to enter a new industry.
These are some of my highlights, I like this quote by Eileen Caddy “Gratitude helps you to grow and expand; gratitude brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of all those around you.” I agree with her because with gratitude and experience we grow every day, we learn every day, and become a better version of ourselves.
So, I look forward to continuing to be grateful, in not only these but more as I take steps forward each day. I read that being grateful for what we already have gives you more to enjoy in life. It is true in many ways if we just look into our lives a little deeper. There’s surely something that we are getting more every day by simply being grateful.
What is your word of the year? If you are new to the word of the year concept, I previously wrote a blog post on how you can find your own word in this word of the year post.
The beautiful mug in the photos featuring my word of the year was gifted by Mud Love. Mud love products are handmade from clay in US and Dominic Republic. The support received from their products are channelled into creative fundraising solutions, unique and meaningful gifts, and helping underserved communities around the world. The purchase of a mug provides one week of clean water via Mud Love’s giving partner, Water for Good.
Pin for later: